The following are the vision and mission statements of the Mechanical Engineering (MEC) Department, JUET Guna:
Vision of MEC
- Participate in the growth of the state and the country by preparing professional mechanical engineers.
- Contribute in “Make in India” by instilling creativity, ideation, innovation and excellence in the graduates.
- Generate entrepreneurs and employable youths for the high growth manufacturing sector.
Mission of MEC
- Prepare students for careers in industry, academia and government organization in mechanical and allied engineering.
- Perform mechanical engineering based research and other scholarly activities.
- Interact with industry and government establishments and provide them technical knowledge and support.
The Mechanical Engineering Department has been established in session 2008-09 with an intake of thirty undergraduate students. Since then, the department has been growing continuously and presently, apart from B.Tech., it is offering M.Tech. and Ph.D. courses as well. Department is equipped with state-of-the art laboratories. The list of the laboratories in the Department is as follows:
- Strength of Materials
- Non Destructive Technique (NDT)
- Theory of Machines
- Dynamics and vibrations of Machinery
- Fluid Mechanics & Machinery
- Heat & Mass Transfer
- Internal Combustion Engine
- Refrigeration & Air Conditioning
- Computer Aided Design (CAD)
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing (CIM)
- Additive Manufacturing (AM)
In the curriculum the emphasis is laid on the current practices of design and emerging areas of manufacturing technology. Thus the efforts have been made to equip the laboratories with advanced manufacturing technologies such as CNC machines, CIM system, Robots, Additive manufacturing machines (SLS and 3D Printer), EDM Drill, etc. and software packages such as Auto CAD, Pro/Engineer ABAQUS, Magics RP, EdgeCAM, etc.