Dr J.S.P Rai is one of the most renowned Academicians of our country.
Dr. J.S.P. Rai has completed his higher education from HBTI Kanpur where he served at various positions in his career. He was Professor & Head at Department of Plastic Technology at HBTI Kanpur from 1994 onwards. He also worked as a Director at HBTI Kanpur from 2011 to 2013.
He joined Bharat Institute of Technology in July 2014 as Director General. And served till November 2016.
He has memberships of the following Professional Societies -
Fellow – India Society for Technical Education
Fellow – Indian Thermal Analysis Society
Fellow – Society for Polymer Sciences, India.
Fellow – Oil Technologist’ Association of India.
Fellow – Paint and Coating Technologists’ Association of India.
He has published more than 52 papers in Journals of repute, supervised 11 Ph.Ds and 14 M. Tech Thesis. He has also taught different courses at UG & PG Level. He has completed 7 sponsored projects from Industries, MHRD, Government of India.
He has rendered expert advice and extended testing/consultancy to many Government/ Private Sector organizations.
World Science Congress presented him 100 Influential Directors of India (Education) Award in June 2016.
Past Administrative/Significant Assignments:
• Director incharge, Science and Technology Entrepreneurs Park (STEP) at HBTI, Kanpur and managing the MBA and other courses since July 2005- Sept. 2010.
• Professor incharge, Training and Placement Section since March 2003- Nov. 2011. Arranged the visit of more than 500 industries of repute to the Institute for the recruitment of B.Tech / M. Tech. and Ph.D. students.
• Head. Department of Plastic Technology from May 1994 to Aug. 1999 and Oct. 2002 to Sept. 2005 and Oct. 2008 to till Oct. 2011. The department got accredited by NBA, AICTE, Govt. of India in 2003.
• Member, BOG, Indraprastha Engg. College, Ghaziabad from Jan 2011, as nominee of Govt. of U.P.
• Member, Governing Body, MNNIT, Allahabad in years 2001 to 2013.
• Member Executive Council, GBTU Lucknow and MTU, NOIDA from Dec 2011 to 2013.
• Member, Board of Governors, Bundelkhand Institute of Engineering and Technology, Jhansi for 3 years from 2006 to 2008 as eminent person in the field of Technical Education nominated by Govt. of UP.
• Member, Governing Council, Shambhoonath Institute of Engineering and Technology, Allahabad, as nominee of U.P. Technical University, Lucknow from Dec. 2005.
• Dean Students Welfare, 2004
• Senior Supdt. Examinations 1999-2003.
• Asst. Dean Students Welfare, 1994-1997.
• Asst Supdt. Examinations 1989-1993
• O.S.D. to Chairman, Combined Entrance Examinations of UP 1989 and 1990.
• Warden, UG/PG Student’s Hostel 1985-1987.
• President, HBTI Teachers Association 2005-06.
• Member, Technical Advisory Committee of Process cum Product Development Centre, Ministry of Industry, Govt. of India, Meerut from March 1999 to 2002.
• Member, Central Purchase Committee, HBTI, Kanpur in 1997-98 and 2006-07 and 2007 – 2008 and 2010-2011 nominated by BOG of HBTI, Kanpur
• Member, Industrial Development Sub Committee of Upper India Chamber of Commerce, Kanpur for the year 1994-95.
• Member, Research Degree Committee in Chemical Engineering and Chemical Technology of U.P. Technical University, Lucknow, since 2002.
• Member, Board of Studies in Chemical Technology of U.P. Technical University, Lucknow, since 2002.
• Member, Petrochemicals Committee (IXth Five Year Plan), Directorate of Industries, Govt. of U.P., 2000-01.
• Member, Monitoring Committee, Advanced Composites Mission, TIFAC, DST, Govt. of India, 1998-2001.
• Member, U.P. Police Inspection Committee for Purchase of Rubber/Plastic Items since 1979- till date.
• Member, Selection Committee of Scientists B, C, D, E and F of DRDO, Ministry of Defence, Govt. of India since 1989.
• Member of Selection Committee of AMU, NMU Jalgoan, etc.