Introduction: The Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (IETE) students' forum was inaugurated by Late Prof. N. C. Goyal in year 2006. The forum was started with 15 members and presently the members' strength is around 400 plus. This forum was started by the department of electronics and communication engineering. IETE Students Forum is a well established technical society of the University, actively organizing various technical events, workshops & seminars since it has pioneered its foundation in JUET. The forum is managed by student office bearers. It has been running with support and association of IETE (An International Organization) and University management following guidelines and norms set by IETE & The University.
Objectives: The core objective of the ISF-JUET is to provide a platform where students can show their technical-ability and creativity through,
• Planning and organizing various technical activities, such as special lectures workshops, seminars, symposia, exhibitions etc for the benefit of student members on a regular basis.
• Providing a common platform for the student members to exchange ideas and information on the topics of their mutual interest e.g. curriculum, employment / higher educational opportunities, emerging trends, new development etc.
• Facilitating technical visits / practical training / project work of the student members in R&D laboratories, industries, academic institutions etc.
• Encouraging team work and the spirit of self-reliance among the student members.
Clubs: IETE Students' forum consist of four clubs as mentioned below,
• Technical Club
• Robotics Club
• Publication Club
• Publicity Club
Main Activities: The main activities which are conducted on yearly basis as mentioned below,
• Technocryptic: A technical quiz contest
• Robotics Events
• Face The Open Challenge: Technical presentation
• Dextra: Annual Technical Fest
Apart from the above activities ISF-JUET usually organizes various other activities.
Office Bearers: IETE Students' forum elects its office bearers for one year. The committee is constituted for proper functions of its activities smoothly.
ISF-JUET Counselor: Dr. Satish Kumar Singh
ISF-JUET Observer: Prof. Rajiv Saxena